The Junior Toddler Room consists of children approximately from 18 months to approximately 2 years of age. In the Junior Toddler room we focus on the immerging independence of the child. As toddlers develop their language skills, we give them lots of opportunities to interact with peers and teachers on a more complex level. At this active age, children start to make sense of their world. The room focuses on building skills to play and actively explore the environment (Montessori Method). At Cozytime children learn best through positive role modeling and often enjoy mimicking adults around them. Self-help skills are encouraged in regards to eating, sleeping and drinking. We encourage the beginnings of early language development, fine motor skills, self-help skills and self-reliance; focusing on positive reinforcement and praise. Your toddler will have the opportunity to try out their new skills and explore and manipulate objects as they develop and grow in confidence.
In the Junior Toddler Room we provide:
- Table top activities that promote a wide variety of skills (puzzles, play dough, messy play, painting, drawing with crayons and chalk)
- Free play to further develop social interactions and build on growing friendships (dress up, home corner, quiet area, dolls, and puppets etc.)
- Music and Movement promotes social interactions but also helps with physical development of both fine and gross motor skills
- Constructive and Manipulative play (gluing, beading, threading, straws)
- Floor activities (building blocks, animals, cars, trains, floor puzzles)
- Open-ended loose materials to promote creative thinking
- Outdoor play helps the children release any built- up energy in a positive way (all outdoor games and activities will be age appropriate and most importantly fun for all the children involved).
Toys and materials will be rotated on a by-weekly basis so that children have an opportunity to explore a large variety of activities and always have interesting toys that capture their attention.